One of our favorite restaurants, Sazio in 5-Points, closed last week. I had no idea it was closing. In fact, Matt's mom took us there for his birthday just last Monday. At least we got to eat there one last time. The Washington Square Group, which owned Sazio, hasn't even completely taken it off of their website yet.Matt and I feel like we're cursed. Several months ago, our absolute favorite restaurant, The Welcome Table, closed down. We like places that aren't chains that we can go to for special occasions or date nights, and this was one of them. The food was soooo good, but it was never very crowded whenever we were in there (neither was Sazio), which should have been a red flag. I don't know if these places don't advertise enough, are in bad locations, or what. I hate it when you have a craving for a specific place and then you realize it's gone!
So long, Sazio. It was nice while it lasted.
5 comments:
look on the bright side. you've still got the olive garden and macaroni grill.
tricking! tricking!
does my sarcasm not come across online?
Like I said, we prefer non-chains (at least not the chains that serve re-heated frozen food) if we can help it.
Terranova's is pretty good too, and it's still open.
I heard that Dolce is supposed to be super delicious and a good ambiance. I think it might be a small chain, though, as well as a bit pricey. We should go there for a birthday or something.
I had no idea Sazio was closing - and The Welcome Table closed before we could get there! I don't like chains either.
The Wingards are going to Dolce for Tommy's birthday tomorrow - we'll let you know what it's like.
Post a Comment