Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hooray for The Sale... but wait....

So, we were just SO EXCITED when we learned that the church/school property where we are church members was being bought (we've had it on the market for several years while we raise the funds to build a new campus that will adequately house WCA's steadily increasing population).

It's an incredible blessing to have a buyer (the Downtown Rescue Mission) whose needs will be met with the purchase of the property. Then we heard that they had to move in quicker than originally thought and we would have to be out of the building by as early as June 1st. Here comes the OH CRAP moment...

Amy is supposed to get married AUGUST 23rd!!

Being so close to the wedding, she and Ryan are already having trouble finding a place for the rehearsal dinner. Now we had the dreaded task of telling her she had to find a new church venue too. (I'm not volunteering to tell her... "Mom, are you going to tell Amy?")

Well, Amy talked to our fearless leader, Charlie, who immediately made some phone calls and found a wonderful remedy.

Mom and I went on Friday to Providence Baptist, our "sister church", to take a look around. Their building is very new, and let me just say...

It's GORGEOUS!! From the outside, it's very simple and understated. But, when you walk in, the stone tile, tall wood ceiling and arches, and stained glass make you fall in love.

My mom says, "Now, THIS is what a church is supposed to look like!"

I had to later admit my sin to Charlie of lusting after another church. As I stood in the sanctuary, I thought to myself, "Do you think they'd make me get re-baptized if I wanted to join and worship here?!"

Now, I know that these pictures can't even barely do the sanctuary justice, but hopefully they can give you some idea of what we saw.


I really think that this is going to be a blessing in disguise because Amy and Ryan can cut down on the amount of flowers and decorations because the church is already so pretty. (And thank goodness they hadn't already printed invitations!)

The best part of all is that the church is letting Amy and Ryan get married there just as if they were members - they're not charging anything extra and the cleaning and coordinator fees are minimal. Thank God!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Their church really IS pretty. I'd love ours to look like that! It's gonna be a beautiful place for a wedding.

RBecks said...

It sure is! And, I forgot to mention... it has a CENTER aisle. No more walking in on one side and leaving on the other. Yay!