Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Let's Get on the River!!

Okay, so the whole extended family started back when my parents were in college...

They all basically met through the UAH Baptist Student Union. Scooter worked there and he and Tom were roommates. Tom married Ellise, Scooter dated and later married Angie. Angie's sister, Frances, married Ken... and they all had beautiful babies!

The Adams boys are close in age to us Shipman girls, and the Johnson boys are the cute little cousins we kissed and harassed growing up. We've had our Sunday lunch traditions going back for as long as I can remember and have shared our joy and sadness with each other over the years. (And especially lots of laughter and great stories).

This summer, it's time for another group trip! We're trying to figure out the logistics of getting everyone together, possibly for a weekend in the mountains for some river time. This time, we know to bring our ear plugs to avoid those campground bears (snoring Ken and Tom)!

Here's a picture of (almost) everyone from the Pettus wedding last spring. I need a new group photo with Holly and Ryan!!


Update: Here's Amanda's "even better" photo:

2 comments:

Amanda said...

If I send you a picture with their heads photoshopped in, will you post it up?

Amanda said...

I never realized how young and dashing hugh hefner is. And since when can you smoke cigars in the the sanctuary??