I had no sooner complained of my flower fever before the azaleas in my front bed took off. They didn't bloom at all last year due to the late freeze and severe drought, even though they're "encore azaleas" and are supposed to repeat bloom several times a year. Three out of the four in the front bed are just covered with blooms.
Once the hydgrangeas are in bloom, I'm going to have to invite myself over to the Adams' house. They have a newly-landscaped yard that is going to be just gorgeous in bloom!
I tried to take a photo of how green my normally white car is, but it didn't really show up in the pictures. Here's a shot of some of the pollen on my windshield.
2 comments:
I just went home at lunch to take care of Otis (Sham alam a ding dong) and I noticed the Azaleas are just about ready to explode too! Sure hope the cold weather expected this weekend doesn't bite them AGAIN. tea
Yeah, I guess you'll have to get your sheets out to cover them if it freezes. That's a pain though. I missed covering them the one night when it froze late in the spring last year and it killed the buds for the rest of the year. Boo!
Post a Comment