Thursday, April 17, 2008

Plant Sale

Anyone wanna go with me??

Huntsville Botanical Garden
April 17-20: Spring Plant Sale
Members Only Sale: April 17, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Public Sale: April 18-19, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; April 20, 1-5 p.m.

A long-established Huntsville rite of spring and the largest in the state, the Spring Plant Sale offers annuals by the flat or pack; ferns, geraniums, a huge selection of herbs, cherished heirloom plants, houseplants, orchids, perennials, old-fashioned roses, vegetable plants, water plants, wildflowers, shrubs, vines, and trees. All varieties have been specially selected to thrive in North Alabama. Master Gardeners will perform soil pH testing. Vendors offer garden accessories.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I couldn't go but wanted one of the seedlings from the 100-year-old dogwood. Lynne Johnson picked one up for me - it's beautiful! I love that plant sale...

RBecks said...

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can buy the seedlings from them during the year too. :)

We had a lot of fun. Matt took me during my lunch break on Friday (when I bought some stuff), and then I went back the next day with mom. I got a rosemary topiary - because I loved that you always had fresh rosemary, sage, corriander, and a Summer Sky Coneflower echinacea. :)

We should go together one day next year!