I'd been dreaming about her green beans since Easter, and they were just as good as I remembered. They're actually really easy to make and are now my favorite veggie dish. Matt loved them too (and he is NOT a vegetable-loving kinda guy), so they're male-friendly as well.
GREEN BEANS W/ANCHO CHILE VINAIGRETTE
1 pound green beans, blanched and refreshed w/cold water
1 pound assorted mushrooms (portobello, cremini, shiitake) coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup toasted pecans
8 ounces American blue cheese
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper. Toss green beans with some vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Top with mushrooms, blue cheese and toasted pecans. Serve with vinaigrette on the side.
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
Salt
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
Whisk together mustard, ancho powder, salt and vinegar, slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. Season with more salt, to taste.
YUM!!
4 comments:
Just so you know, this is not an original recipe, but one I found on the internet -somewhere...
It was originally intended for grilled asparagus (try that, too) but it's easier to do with green beans when you're cooking for 150.
I'll have to try the grill asparagus next - I've just gotten Matt where he'll eat asparagus now.
I think part of being a good cook is having a good recipe stash, even if you don't come up with them all yourself. :) My stomach thanks you!
What exactly is ancho powder? Can you use just regular chili powder?
and green beans are a heck of a lot cheaper than asparagus.
Mrs. Pie, you're always so frugal. I just love that about you. We should get together sometime if you're not busy. I think we could cook up something really tasty together!
Post a Comment