Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fallout

Boy am I glad that the school board and church leaders had the foresight to close on the sale of the property ASAP. The fallout over the rescue mission's move is just beginning. This could turn into a very sticky situation.

Matt and I began to worry because it was all over the news last night, and now it's on the front page of the Huntsville Times. See the whole story here.


UPDATE: Looks like the city councilmen were simply paying lip service. The sales were final a week ago - which they all knew when they told a group of people at St. Luke's that they'd try to find another location or rescind the sale. See full story here. Looks like you may want to reconsider re-electing some of these guys if you're in their district!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it seems like it would be a bit too late to do anything about it...

Anonymous said...

"County Commissioner Bob Harrison, who represents the district, called Westminster a "fine institution" and said his children attended the school. But he said the school has a "moral obligation" to consider what it would do to the community to have a homeless mission locate there."

Bob better hide!

RBecks said...

I guess I don't understand the huge blow up. It's not a residential area; it's industrial. There aren't even any single family houses anywhere nearby. Plus, where it is now is smack dab in the middle of a neighborhood.