Over the past week, the buds on my climbing roses have been threatening to open. The white one had several flowers open this morning, and is on the verge of exploding into bloom!
I went ahead and cut several stems for the first (of MANY) vase of fresh flowers this year.
Over the weekend, I sweet-talked Matt into helping me till up a grassy spot for sunflower and zinnia seeds, and got those planted along with my new Hydrangea ('Kardinal').

I'd been eying this plant for over a year and ordered one about a week ago from Hydrangeas Plus with some of my plant money from Christmas. It came in as a huge plant (by far the largest I've ever received through the mail) and I can't wait to see it bloom! Above is a photo of what it should look like in acidic soil.
5 comments:
the roses look beautiful!
come put some plants in my yard.
The Hydrangea looks great! I'm glad you used the Christmas money to buy something you wanted. I'm anxious to see your yard when it's in bloom!
That rose bush has become a monster! Even if Wade thinks the vase is less impressive in person, the plant is humongous!!!!
Jenny - thanks! They are pretty!
Manda - stop being so impatient. ;) How about we go look at some plants this weekend?
Diane - thanks for the plant $$! I'll have to give you a rooted cutting of the hydrangea this fall if you have space for it.
Post a Comment