To anyone who has said that watching soccer is (gasp) boring, just be glad that you weren't at the Rockie's/Padres game.It was the longest major league baseball game in 15 years! Twenty-two innings and over six hours later, with 37 strike-outs and only 3 runs scored, they finally called it quits. (Can you imagine watching the whole thing... that's one run for every TWO HOURS!!!)
Now that's a low-scoring game!!
4 comments:
Wow... that sounds about as boring as every single baseball game I've ever been forced to sit through.
I've warned Wade, if the he wants the kids to play Little League, he's going to have to be the one to haul them to the field and sit there spitting sunflower seeds for an hour while they stand around in the outfield.
First of all, let me just say that I'm impressed Becca even posted about baseball to begin with. It must have been a news headline that you saw somewhere because I know you don't spend your time perusing ESPN's website.
Secondly, how awesome is a 22-inning game!? That's the kind of game that I would like to go to. I mean think about it. You get to watch two and a half games of intense, world class athletic competition for the price of one.
Thirdly, Amanda, little Sayid will probably be playing shortstop, not the outfield.
Baseball...truly America's greatest pastime.
Spitting sunflower seeds?
Wade - You would go to a 22-inning baseball game, but you think it's too boring to come watch us referee soccer games?
Silly Wade.
Post a Comment