Over the years, my sister Amanda has claimed the title of the spawn of my father in the gotta-have-gadget arena. I wasn't really interested in the palm pilots, expensive video or photo cameras, etc. In fact, I only got an iPod when I found one really cheap (and used) at the Unclaimed Baggage store.
But since starting the blog, I've decided that I need a new camera. The one I have is pretty old. I think it's from high school, but I couldn't really tell you. Matt and I almost never take photos, so it wasn't really a big deal before. However, I've since changed my mind.
I want a camera that is small enough that I can take it with me wherever I go, can withstand being dropped... a LOT, takes video clips with sound, and is also preferably waterproof or water resistant.
I love my dad's Olympus Stylus. Like the newer 790/850 versions that I like, it's waterproof (to 10 ft), shock proof (for falls up to 5 ft), and freeze proof (14 deg. F). It's perfect for taking on the river, and is the camera he's used to capture the gang doing kayak rolls and spraying snow on the slopes. You can even get a clear silicone skin to go with it and protect it from scratches. (hint hint)Maybe I can get it as an early anniversary gift before we go paddle with the old Community gang...
Honey, if you're reading, I like the black one!! :)
2 comments:
or you could be really thoughtful this year and give Matt the black one for his birthday in 2 weeks.
that would be awfully sweet of you..
I asked him if he liked that idea yesterday, but he just pretended he didn't hear me.
If he doesn't tell me what he wants for his b'day soon, he may be getting an Olympus Stylus 850 ;) heh heh
Post a Comment