Friday, April 18, 2008

Seasons of Life

Last night I finally made it to the WIC book study after missing the last two months. We've been going through Andi Ashworth's book, "Real Love for Real Life", which is about what it means to give care. Susan asked us all what season of life we're each in and who/what we care for.

As I listened to all of the women talk about caring for their children, teaching, anticipating the care for elder parents, I felt a little left out. I don't have any rugrats of my own to care for, just my "boys", and my parents sure seem to have gotten along just fine since they became empty nesters.

Who do I care for?

Really, I care for Matt on a daily basis (not nearly as well as I should/could), and hopefully I'm able to care for others in our family and church as well. I really think that my main caring responsibility right now is to care for and love my husband to the best of my ability. Realizing that was humbling and also the motivation I needed to do better each day.

Who do you care for??

1 comment:

Mrs. Pie said...

I care for myself, mostly. It's sad, but true. Wade sometimes gets some care when I remember to squeeze him in, but I have to admit, I'm pretty self-absorbed. Something I'm working on.