Friday, May 2, 2008

HUSL - Week 1

Last night was the first official game for the Huntsville Ultimate Summer League. Unfortunately for me, it didn't give me a good enough excuse to skip the gym for the day because Amanda re-recorded her jazzercise instruction video beforehand, and I was obligated to go cheer her on (she did REALLY well, by the way!).

- on a side note, it is VERY rude to talk (loudly!) while someone is recording their instructional video for certification!!! To the girls on the front ride side of the gym: you could all serve to learn some manners. Especially the one who would start the next choreography sets before Amanda told her to. It was all I could do to try to ignore them and not tell them what I thought of their behavior.

Okay, I'm glad I got that out of my system! Moving back to the subject...

After the gym, I barely had time to race home and rinse off before the game at 6, but luckily they started late and I didn't miss a thing.

Of course, you didn't miss a thing either. They ended up losing pretty badly. I don't know what the final score was, but it was 1-8 at half time (and my honey had scored the only goal by then... go Matt!).


I spent most of the time talking to Jenny. Her husband was playing on the adjacent field against another team, so she came and kept me company. She really didn't want her photo to be taken!






Tyson made a new friend, Halie. She is just the cutest little girl. Both of her parents play on our team and she spent a lot of time giving the "cat" kisses. How cute! Tyson especially loved her when he realized she had a bag of cheese! I was soooo embarassed when he jumped up and took a little piece from her.





Here we all are towards the end of the game. Amanda taught a whole hour of aerobics beforehand, and then came and played almost the entire game (they only had 1 female sub last night!).

3 comments:

Jenny Fleming said...

Look at how prim and proper you and Tyson look!

RBecks said...

Haha. Tyson does look like he's posing!

Mrs. Pie said...

Tyson is such a priss.

Better than being a meanie (Ace and Ellie) or a reject (Lily) whom the other dogs don't like.