Thursday, May 8, 2008

Faking Sick

My mother in law has a great group of friends and co-workers. One of them, Laura, even threw a bridal tea for me before we got married, and she didn't even know me.

I love Laura, she's a hoot. She always teases Matt whenever he comes to visit his mom at school, and always asks me if I've got him "trained" yet or not. When we heard that she'd been out sick, we went to the store to get her a get well card.


We laughed and laughed when we saw this card. Of course, Laura was really not feeling well and definitely wasn't faking it, but she has a pretty good sense of humor. I thought she'd get a kick out of it, but called my mother-in-law to check just in case she wasn't feeling up to joking around right now.

We sent the card. Matt wrote that he still wasn't sure (if she was faking or not), and I told her that we thought the card would make her laugh, but if it didn't, it was ALL Matt's idea. ;)

Apparently she loved it! She emailed us this week thanking us for the card and asking where we got it... her husband liked it so much that he wants to go get several for when his friends get sick.

Laura's back at work now. I like to think that laugher really is the best (earthly) medicine.

1 comment:

Mrs. Pie said...

Whenever I am sick enough to stay home, I am scared to death that people, mostly Wade, will think that I'm faking it. I think fevers create paranoia.

So don't send me this card next time I'm sick.