Monday, May 19, 2008

Caspian Review


A few of us went to see Prince Caspian over the weekend. I'm sure Amanda will give a much more complete review, so I'll keep mine short and sweet.

I really enjoyed the movie. The acting was *much* better than the old BBC version we watched as kids, and the special effects were great. My only complaint was that it strayed from the book quite a bit. They made Peter out to be a bit of an antagonist, and messed with the order of some of the events. I don't think it really affected the story too much though. In fact, I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't read the book just a couple of weeks ago.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend the movie - just make sure you refrain from reading the book between now and then. I might also suggest going to see it at a location or time where there won't be any pre-teens roaming around and talking during the movie.

No comments: