Tuesday, May 20, 2008

GSMTR - Part II

After the unfortunate demise of one of the trucks in our group on Thursday, it was time to get back on the trail.


Friday was more of the same light 4-wheeling, but we did run one more difficult trail while the rest of the group watched and then went back around the gravel road to camp.



On Saturday we finally got a break in the weather and went out for some difficult trails with a couple of the event organizers in their trail rigs. The red 40-series in these photos is one that Michael built at the shop where he was previously employed. It will be coming into ACC for some minor work before a trip to Alaska in a few months.



The pastel beast looked and performed great after its major refitting in the last month or so and only needs a few minor things looked into before it goes back into hibernation until the next trail ride.



In general, it was a great trip. We saw a bunch of really good friends whom we’ve met at events in the past and Michael made several great business connections within the Cruiser world. He also handed out a bunch of ACC stickers, shirts and business cards as well as talking to a lot of past, current and future customers. There were many positive comments on his work and even one job offer.


This short video clip that I took over the weekend should give you a little bit of an idea of what these things look like in action:



The next dirt event is the Southern Cruiser Crawl at Gray Rock ORV Park north of Birmingham in October, but stay tuned as we (Michael, Dad, and I) hit the pavement at Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds in 3 weeks.


1 comment:

Mrs. Pie said...

I felt my testosterone level rise two notches when I was watching that video clip.. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

I really like the Spring Green! Good choice. Definitely more personality than white.