Monday, May 26, 2008

Cotton Row Run

Matt and I got up early this morning to go watch several friends who were running in the Cotton Row 10k and/or 5k runs. I don't recall ever going to watch the race before, and it was actually a lot of fun. We saw lots of people we knew from college, work, and church.

We made it over to downtown in time to see the start of the race before heading up towards "The Hill". The Fulchers have a prime viewing opportunity as their house is on the upward ascent, and they let us hang out with them for a little while as we cheered for and heckled the runners.


I loved the poster that Sadie and Samuel were holding.



Thomas was so fast coming up the hill that he was just a blur!


Amanda did really well too!


Here's Bill B. speeding to the finish line.



Charlie and Lynne between races. Aren't they cute?!



Our very own Craig A. gave times to the runners during the race(s).


The free food and ice cream at the end almost made me wish I'd signed up to run. (That feeling only lasted for about 10 seconds, though!)


Congrats, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what great pictures! yea westminster crew :)

Jenny Fleming said...

SO FUN! I'm glad you were able to go watch :)

Mrs. Pie said...

Thanks for posting the pictures.. I'm glad you can't see my sweaty nastiness too well. I used one of your pictures for my blog's narrative of the race.