Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Ultimate Ultimates

The Three Caballeros

We Shipman girls sure do know how to pick them! And I don't just mean the fact that we've all three found wonderful, patient, and godly men. I mean: we know how to pick the ultimate Ultimate Frisbee scorers!

At the last game that I went to watch, Matt and Wade combined to score 3 out of the team's measly 4 total points. Last night at Thursday's make up game, Ryan stepped up to the challenge and made two scores (it was his first time to play with them, too!). Wade and Matt also contributed to the pot and this time the "Shipmans' boys" scored 4 out of 5 points. (Yes, they did lose... 5-15, but at least they scored one more point than the last game I saw).

On top of that, their displays of athleticism were very inspiring and kept me entertained. Wade made one of those Superman leaps where he literally flew horizontally across the field and tackled some guy. It was so impressive that the other team didn't even seem to mind the foul. All three made some very cool dives to catch passes and score.

As a result, they had some pretty nasty cuts, bruises, and blisters by the end of it. Matt did not want to get out of bed this morning! He showed me his war wounds and said they were a good reason why he should be allowed to sleep in.

To the opponents for Thursday night's game: Watch Out! While Jodie Foster's Army might not even come close to beating you, these boys will at least put in some great scores.

3 comments:

Jenny Fleming said...

Jodie Foster and her army ARE COMING FOR YOU 3 CABELLEROS!

btw, it's Big A's birthday that day, so please be nice and let him win!

I'm going to the game, so let's hang out!

RBecks said...

Huh? The boys are on the Jodie Foster's Army team. (weird name, huh?)

Yay. I didn't realize we played y'all this week. See you there.

Mrs. Pie said...

Those are some hot-looking boys. And I mean the short one on the left.

Yowza.