Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wedding Ring Thing


I've enjoyed watching the Olympics over the past several days. It's kind of funny because in the past, I've always lamented during the Olympic season because it would bump my favorite television programs. Right now, we don't have any favorite tv shows (that are actually on) so it makes it easier to sit down and enjoy the games.

I've also loved the human interest side of the Olympics and the stories about the athletes. NBC has done a really good job of telling you about the athletes behind the medals this year.

I saw the video of Kerri Walsh losing her wedding ring and it made her feel more like any other normal girl. Of course, she and Misty May are insane beach volleyball players (Matt and I have always liked watching them play; they're incredible!), but when you see them in situations that you can relate to, you feel a little more like they're just like you. I can't relate to being half of the best volleyball duo in the world, but I can relate to the stress of losing something sentimentally valuable - even if it's only lost temporarily.

2 comments:

Mrs. Pie said...

I want to see a human interest story about someone giving me their gold medal.

Anonymous said...

Imagine meeting the President of the United States while wearing a two piece bathing suit. HC