Thursday, August 7, 2008

O Brother Where Art Thou

After titling my last post, I had wave of nostalgia from O Brother Where Art Thou. I think I should start periodic fun posts with clips of random movies that I love.

I definitely love O Brother Where Art Thou. George Clooney was PERFECT in his role (Holly Hunter is great too!).



In case you haven't seen the movie before, it's about Everett, a prisoner who wants to get home before his wife remarries. In order to escape from jail, he convinces the other two inmate on his chain gang that he has some buried treasure that will be lost forever in a few days when the nearby town blows up the dam and floods the cabin where the "treasure" was hidden. With a lot of the story based on The Odyssey, the men meet with all sorts of adventures along the way. Above is the trailer and below is one of the first scenes of the movie.

1 comment:

Mrs. Pie said...

Such a great movie. My favorite feature is all the music.