Thursday, July 10, 2008

What's Up With


What's the deal with getting inmates to pick up trash on University Drive (on the inbound lanes packed with cars coming into work) during rush hour?!

I don't normally take this road to work, but started a few weeks ago because my normal route is closed due to construction. This means that the road is even more congested than normal. Now, I know Matt always says that we do not have bad traffic (like Dallas and Cleveland did), but it still seemed way too busy to have people picking up trash on the side of the road.

Are they trying to get an inmate run over and then have to settle a big law suit or what?

2 comments:

Mrs. Pie said...

The jailbirdmobile used to make a weekly stop in my neighborhood in Columbus. It was way creepy. I felt very unsafe, especially since the inmates greatly outnumbered the guard and were spread out. There were a few times that there wasn't a guard within eyesight... And of course, the inmates were making all kinds of crude remarks at me. And they knew where I lived.

RBecks said...

that is creepy! I would have definitely complained about that one to whoever was in charge. What if some of those guys were on work release or something? Kind of gives you the shivers when you're living all by yourself.