I like reading the news and keeping up with current events. Sometimes I choose the stories based on the link or article title; sometimes the title alone gives me enough information when I don't have much time to spare.However, there are LOTS of stories that do not need to be posted or linked to from major national news sites. I do NOT want to read about a humane society taking in dogs trained to do disgusting things, or about some couple arrested for desecrating a war memorial.
I think Fox News is one of the worst about this. They've also got some weekly and daily columns that just don't seem to be family-friendly enough to post in big letters at the top of their website. In one of my history/government classes in high school, our teacher used the big screen computer/tv to check the current news headlines. It was a really good way to keep everyone interested in current events. Can you imagine how much trouble my teacher would've been if some of these disgusting news article titles were plastered in large print across the screen in front of a class full of minors?
I don't meant to sound like a prude, but I just think some current events are too disgusting to be broadcasted on a national forum. Summing it all up in the title doesn't help either - I still get that gross visual that I would like to avoid.
3 comments:
So, what do you suggest? That they have a "disgusting and/or ribald" news section that all the pervs click on?
I think they should either a.) not publish stories like that in the first place or b.) put the links/titles somewhere more discreet, and not in bold letters
By the way, doing a google image search for "X rated" turned up more than just the picture I put with the post (what was I thinking?!!) Yuck!
I have thought the same thing lately-especially about foxnews.com
I mean where do they get these stories? And why are they headlining with them? Gross!
Post a Comment