Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Phonebooks Are In

Being new at a fairly large company has been an adjustment. I've been used to working in smaller 20-person groups where everyone knew me. Last week, no one knew who I was or (in most cases) that I even existed.

However, that's all going to change. Today I checked the intra-office pictorial directory and low and behold: MY photo. I do exist! I'm even listed in the company phone list now too. Hooray for me!

This is a big step. Now, I have 1100 co-workers who I know will just be dying to meet me (not). At least - on the rare chance that they know who I am and need to talk to me - they can now find me. :)

5 comments:

Jenny Fleming said...

That's a picture of the hottest female engineer I know!! Go you!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca-Now you can quote Steve Martin in The Jerk... "the new phone books are in, the new phone books are in. I'm somebody"
Ellise

RBecks said...

Jenny - thanks for the compliment (even if I might be one of the only female engineers you know) ;)

Mrs. A - I'm glad you caught the reference! I'd wanted to post a clip with the post, but gave up when I couldn't find the phonebook scene on YouTube.

Mrs. Pie said...

This picture looks like it's missing something... maybe some lines in the background with numbers on them... and you holding a plague or paper of some sort.... I don't know what it is I'm thinking about.

Mrs. Pie said...

hahaha it would be neat if you could hold a plague. (Though you wouldn't be popular at the water cooler.) But a plaque would suffice.