Thursday, July 17, 2008

Slow Down


I loved this story by the Associated Press today. Landon Wilborn, an 11-year-old from Louisville, Kentucky, was sick of the traffic speeding through his neighborhood. When yelling at the cars didn't work, he brought out his Hot Wheels radar gun and flashlight with a built-in siren. Cars lock up their brakes when they see him recording their speed in his bicycle helmet and safety vest.

Haha! I wish we had a kid like this on our street growing up. We lived on a quiet residential street. It was really nice for riding your bike or walking the dog except for the fact that it connected two busy roads and people liked to speed down it to "cut the corner". It was really annoying. When I go over to my parents' house, it still makes me mad when cars go racing past. I should get my mom to go out there with her floppy hat and a radar gun to yell in Japanese at them. Or, maybe I could pay my cousins to shoot the speeding cars with their soft air guns. Heh Heh.

1 comment:

Mrs. Pie said...

Wade has been launching clay disks into the street from our yard with his new skeet thrower. He's yet to hit anyone, however.