I agree that learning new languages is extremely important. I disagree, however, with telling the nation that we should make sure our children learn Spanish after talking about immigration.
This clip doesn't display his widely acclaimed speaking skills. He's pacing around, hardly looks at the audience, and says "Um" a whole heck of a lot for someone who's been doing 12 speeches a day for the last year.
If you pay attention, he doesnt address the question, but changes the subject. The English Only question is not the same thing as encouraging people to learn a second language.
No kidding. He tries to make it sound like it's the same thing, but it's not. That's part of what makes me mad - requiring people to learn and speak the country's national language in public is completely different than encouraging citizens to become bilingual (in whatever languages they choose, not just Spanish)!!
They played the clip on Rick and Bubba this morning, and I was thinking the exact same thing, Dad. I even said so to Wade. Anyway, he says to not worry about immigrants, "they'll learn English."
I've heard on many accounts that this isn't true. Which is why there is a discussion in the first place.
Obama needs Dems to speak Spanish so he can capture more uneducated, government check dependent, Democrat voters. Makes sense to me.
What I can't stand is how Obama is embarrassed about Americans traveling overseas and not speaking a foreign language, yet he's not embarrassed by the baby killing, terrorist loving idiots in his own party. Go figure. HC
5 comments:
This clip doesn't display his widely acclaimed speaking skills. He's pacing around, hardly looks at the audience, and says "Um" a whole heck of a lot for someone who's been doing 12 speeches a day for the last year.
If you pay attention, he doesnt address the question, but changes the subject. The English Only question is not the same thing as encouraging people to learn a second language.
It's slick.
\
dad
No kidding. He tries to make it sound like it's the same thing, but it's not. That's part of what makes me mad - requiring people to learn and speak the country's national language in public is completely different than encouraging citizens to become bilingual (in whatever languages they choose, not just Spanish)!!
They played the clip on Rick and Bubba this morning, and I was thinking the exact same thing, Dad. I even said so to Wade. Anyway, he says to not worry about immigrants, "they'll learn English."
I've heard on many accounts that this isn't true. Which is why there is a discussion in the first place.
Obama needs Dems to speak Spanish so he can capture more uneducated, government check dependent, Democrat voters. Makes sense to me.
What I can't stand is how Obama is embarrassed about Americans traveling overseas and not speaking a foreign language, yet he's not embarrassed by the baby killing, terrorist loving idiots in his own party. Go figure.
HC
Post a Comment