My mom was telling me about this story today at lunch.
Two women were on a flight from Greece to England when the stewardess denied serving the visibly intoxicated pair any alcohol. One of the women took a swipe at the stewardess with a bottle of vodka and then tried to open one of the airplane doors to "catch some fresh air." The plane had to be stopped in Frankfurt where they were arrested.
What were they thinking? Drinking and flying has ZERO appeal to me. First of all, I can barely survive a flight without getting sick (I'm getting better... about a 4-1 survival odds now). I can't imagine compounding that with alcohol. Second of all, everyone is so darn touchy when it comes to the airline industry. You can't say or do anything even remotely, possibly, or even somehow just a little bit threatening. You'll get tased, arrested, and put on the no-fly list.
Just ask this guy:
Seriously though, it's like thinking that it's okay to walk into a bank with a brandished weapon and slap around a teller or the security guard and get away with it. (I would highly recommend you stay away from Big Jen at "Gringotts" though --- I hear she takes kick boxing!).
Matt's favorite saying is: "People are stupid." It applies to SO many situations...
3 comments:
I've always wanted to do that.
— To open one of the plane doors and see how hard the air tries to suck me out, that is.
— Not to fly intoxicated.
— Also, not to get tazed on a plane.
The stewardess on one of our more recent flights told me that you can't actually open them while in flight. Apparently they're designed so that they're cone or cork-shaped (the perimeter on the outside of the door is smaller than on the inside) so that they are naturally sucked closed tight during flight. You'd probably have to be pretty dang strong to break the seal and open the door while mid-flight.
Post a Comment