Monday, September 1, 2008

Shock Therapy Unthwarted

Yesterday afternoon, we took a few minutes to hijack part of the existing radio fence wiring and setup a temporary rig so that Ace can no longer eat the fence.

Here is Ace proudly modeling his new high-powered shock collar.


Here is Ace sadly remembering the days when he was able to get close enough to those neighbor dogs to show them who's boss.

The down side is that Ace is actually a very smart dog. I wasn't able to relish in his shock therapy because 1. he really hardly ever gets shocked. He knows what the warning beep means and stops before getting into the "red zone" 2. He knows that when I giddily put on his new collar, something is up. 3. He's generally smart enough to not go over to the fence and start barking when I'm outside with him (he usually waits until the mornings that I let him out and am not properly attired for chasing him down where the neighbors might see).

No comments: