Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ouchies


Due to the last several weeks of hectic-ness, I've been missing out on my regular workout routine. I have only made it to the gym a couple of times recently and finally caught Amanda's Body Attack class yesterday.

It was a bad day to go back. The air conditioner wasn't quite doing its job of cooling the place off, but it was dripping water right next to where I was standing. It was also a full class, so I had to keep a couple of girls from running into me the whole time. But, it felt really good to finally get some good exercise and I went home whipped.

This morning as I started to get out of bed, my legs buckled underneath of me. Ouch! My calves hurt so bad! It's all Amanda's fault - her drill-sergeant screams of "High Knee Run!" and "Plyos!!" and the fact that she calls me out if I look too wimpy meant that I couldn't afford to lose face in front of the rest of the class.

It's a good thing it's Wednesday tomorrow - we already have plans that will keep me out of the gym for at least one day this week. Of course, those plans include helping to cut and stack Dad's fallen trees...

1 comment:

Mrs. Pie said...

I am well pleased that I contributed to your ouchies. You have made my day.