What's up with that anyway? It's so annoying. I don't get the people who preach "acceptance, open mindedness, tolerance, etc." and then viciously attack those who don't agree with them.
Even though I generally disagree with Bill Clinton, I did agree with his recent statement on Sarah Palin: "I come from Arkansas, I get why she’s hot out there, why she’s doing well [because people feel they can relate to her]... My view is … why say, ever, anything bad about a person? Why don’t we like them and celebrate them and be happy for her elevation to the ticket? And just say that she was a good choice for [McCain] and we disagree with them?”
I like hearing differing opinions from my own. It's the only way I can learn more about what I really believe in, as well as why others believe what they do. I think good debate (in an appropriate forum/setting... not every time someone from Hollywood gets an open mic) breeds growth and learning.
I'm glad that we don't all think the same things - how boring would that be? I just wish that people would be more respectful of those who disagree with them.
3 comments:
what was it about the fictitious presidency???
I think it's funny that Michael Moore actually has a new book out that he's calling a "voting guide." Puhlease.
i was so annoyed watching the emmys- i turned it off after the third acceptance speech in a row that made fun of the current president and/or anything republican.
Yeah, doesn't it make you kind of happy to see that the past Emmys got the lowest ratings of all time?
Post a Comment