Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Last Frost

Giant zuccini seedling, with buds!

Hopefully last night was the last frost for the season (fingers crossed)! According to the average last frost date and upcoming forecast, it looks like it will be safe to put out my seedlings this weekend.

I am pumped because this is the first year (after several attempts) that I've successfully started seeds indoors! - I think it's all because of my genius honey's grow light rig. Not only did I NOT kill all of the plants, but I successfully started and maintained about 85% of them. (It's about time... I've killed more than my fair share).

I can't wait for the weather to stay warm... we did a big flower bed remodel last fall and I'm excited to see how it will turn out.

My little seedlings will join these blooms soon and as long as I can keep the boys from peeing all over them, they might stand a chance for survival!


Daffodil 'White Lion' -
I got this and the other daffodils pictured from Costco last fall; great buy


White Geraniums from Bennett's for the patio pots.




Daffodil - 'Salome'

2 comments:

Lynne said...

My seedlings will go out next weekend, along with my tomatoes and peppers!

Lynne said...

Oh, and I forgot to add - all because of my amazing grow-light!