This weekend was a good one, a nice distraction from the looming take-home final that will be hogging all of my time this week.
We went up to Chilhowee Campground in Tennesee Friday morning to claim a few camp sites. After pitching tents, we went out on the Hiwassee river for a nice, relaxing float.

We pull a lot of boats! Dad's trailer is always full and we also take more on Matt's truck.

The 'rents.

Isaac was very helpful while Scooter paddled down the river.

Angie and I successfully flipped our boat - right towards the end of the trip. When you flip, you have to float a while until you find a safe place to stand up. I may be smiling, but that water was COLD!

Back in the boat.

Mr. Pie couldn't keep his eyes open on the ride back to camp. Thanfully, Mrs. Pie was there to make sure he didn't catch any flies for dinner.

The Hiwassee is so pretty, lots of shoals and grasses growing underwater.

The views are spectacular and I never get tired of them.
Saturday, the majority of the group paddled the Nantahala while Mom, Angie, and I ran the shuttle and stopped off in Bryson City.

Mr. Pie didn't let a silly thing like a broken wrist stop him. He "took it easy" in a sit-on-top kayak with his plastic cast cover. Hope it stayed dry!

Manda has perfected her roll, even in rough water.

Amy steered Daniel and fell out at the falls.

See ya next time!
3 comments:
I am SO jealous!!! I have been working overtime increasing my bouyancy for just such the trip!!! Glad ya'll had a great time!
It was a great long weekend, long overdue. I still want to go to Chilhowee and just do a weekend of hiking and relaxing in the lake there. It is so pretty.
We should do another trip early fall. (But maybe without the camping this time) :o)
Post a Comment