I could tell it was going to be "one of those days" this morning.
At first, everything was going pretty well. I decided the night before to get to work an extra hour early to make up for the time I have to miss due to class but when the alarm rang in the morning, I negotiated with myself to make up half of the time the next day - I already had to stay late anyway.
So, after getting dressed with a few extra minutes of sleep under my belt, I was packing my lunch and walked to the car to put my gym bag in the back seat. Five seconds later, I find the demon child - aka "Ace" - devouring my breakfast! I was SO ANGRY. (Plus, it was the last english muffin and we were zeroed out on breakfast foods until Matt could run to the grocery store after work).
On the drive into the office, I realized that I forgot to curl and lace my eyelashes with a coat of mascara - which, for these straight, short Asian lashes, is a big No No when entering any sort of public arena (unless I want to surprise my co-workers with the look of death). No problem, I'll run into Target and grab an eyelash curler and some fruit for breakfast while I'm at it - it's on the way.
Not. Target opens at 8am, and I'm trying to get to work early, remember? Boo! I was forced to turn around and go to the dreaded other place - where I haven't set foot in probably two years. After hiking in from my parking spot in Egypt and fighting with the stupid "self checkout" before getting it to work properly, I was 20 minutes behind when I'd planned to get to work.
Once I finally made it into the office, I spilled my coffee all over my desk - and my purse.
The funny thing is, once I actually started work, the day went really well. I got a lot done, went to class, and didn't even mind when class went long (sorry I missed your Jazzercise class, Manda).
5 comments:
WHAT A DAY BECCA! and I'm guessing the parking lot in Egypt was you going to Walmart?
I was wondering where you were. There were 29 yesterday! You would have made it an even 30. Amy said it was the best class she's taken from me, but she got there midway through the second track, after I'd make about 5 or 6 major blunders. Oh well.
I hope Acie got a good spanking. And at least you didn't spill your coffee on your crotch area. I did that once in class at Auburn and had to walk 2 miles to my car in utter humiliation. One guy I didn't know passed me and said, "You can try to cover it with your notebook but I can still see it."
Jenny - how'd you guess? I hate going there (at least to that one). It's a mess, no matter when you go.
Manda - don't worry, Ace got the English muffin beat right out of him. I didn't even heed his screams for mercy; that spank spot was worn out!
Glad that was you and not me with the coffee crotch stain! Haha! What'd you say to that guy?
Oh yeah, Staci told me that you kicked her butt at class yesterday - so, I guess maybe I'm not sorry I missed it. ;)
Well, I hope the rest of your mornings this week go better...
Two things...JN loved his beef jerkey and doodle pad so thank-you...I can't remember the last time I entered that crappy stuff mart on 72. Hope you used your hand sanitizer after wards. hc
Yay! I'm glad JN liked them. Matt remembered that he liked beef jerkey. Haha. What is it about that store on 72, anyway? I haven't ever talked to anyone that liked it!! The way everyone I know avoids it, you'd think it wouldn't be such a madhouse at all hours of the day.
Post a Comment