A couple of the bands that I've been listening to lately are Spoon and Death Cab For Cutie. Both are relatively new (at least compared to Matt's fave, 311) and not quite mainstream yet, but seem to be getting more recognition lately.
Since most people don't know who these guys are, I thought I'd share.
"I Will Possess Your Heart" by Death Cab for Cutie
"Don't You Evah" by Spoon
What do you think?
3 comments:
Micah's been a Death Cab for Cutie fan forever. I remember in highschool he gave me a couple of their CDs. Ha. CDs.
Just so you know, Death Cab is not really new, my friends used to listen to it back when I was in 8th grade...
But i guess Amanda covered that part....
-Amy-
Yeah, I know they're not a 'new band'. But they are 'relatively' new (as compared to most of the other stuff we listen to), and fairly new to me - I think I first heard them ~5 years ago on One Tree Hill, of all places!. :)
Not to mention, most people have never heard of them before, no matter how long they've been around. You could say that they were somewhat 'discovered' by mainstream music within the last two years.
If you like DCFC, you should check out Ben Gibbards's other bands: The Postal Service and Pinwheel.
Post a Comment