
We're about to pick up a new book for our small group study and are considering reading Pilgrim's Progress. The dilemma is... should we read the (old)original version, or a (newer) modern English version (or, let people decide which one they want to read)?
I haven't read Pilgrims Progress since I read the abridged kiddie version probably close to 20 years ago. My 4th grade teacher, Miss Hoogwerf, however did read it aloud to us, although I'm not sure what version she used (can't remember that far back, sorry).
So far, I've read about ten pages of the original version. It's not that hard to read, but it does take about half of a page to get back into it every time you stop. Plus, there were several words that I'd never heard of before and just had to go with the context to know what they meant.
Has anyone read either version in the past? Did you have a preference/recommendation?
Take the quiz at the right --->
No comments:
Post a Comment