Thursday, June 5, 2008

Yummy Yummy Yummy!

Last night, we went to Grille 29 for our anniversary. It was SO GOOD!

We had never been there, but had heard that it was really good, so we decided that an anniversary was a special enough occasion to give us a good excuse to try it.

The patio was full, so we had to sit inside. It was a little dark, but quite nice once your eyes adjusted. We were in view of the bar, which had a really neat ceiling. It had constellations that lit up and flickered, and even a comet and falling stars that would periodically streak across the black ceiling.

We started out with drinks and some calamari. For dinner, I got the crab cakes with some great fresh veggies and Matt ordered the grouper, topped with lump crab meat, with white corn grits and asparagus. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. As soon as we finished, we started trying to figure out when we could come back.

My only complaint of the whole evening was that I ate so much I couldn't get the creme brulee I'd been dreaming about all day (thanks to Aunt Angie's recommendation). Matt promised that we could come back for dessert one night in the near future. Yum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Its been one of Ellise's and my favorite places since it opened. Bridge Street has made it a lot easier to get seated in! Lets hope it doesn't go the way of Sazio's!!
-tea

RBecks said...

I agree. Bridgestreet has stolen a lot of the traffic (which is a good thing in a lot of ways).

Poor Sazio!!

Mrs. Pie said...

Hey punk, you know that Mama Fu's closed down? We just ate there last week!