It was an older bungalow with two bedrooms and one bath. It had been part of an old mill town and had an addition or two built onto it over time. In one of the rooms, you could place a ball and watch it roll across the sloped floor. A few of the door handles were missing and there were several little things around the house that were old or broken. We didn't mind it too much because it had character and was very affordable!
Well, we were in the neighborhood the other week and decided to drive past our old rental house. Someone has since bought the place and completely remodeled it.

The outside of the house still pretty much looks the same, but the inside is COMPLETELY different. It's also listed on valleymls at 3 times what the appraised value was (we got the appraisal in the mail while we were living there) just three and a half years ago.

It's a cute little house, but I'm not sure I'd pay that much for a 2 bedroom, 1 and 1/2 bath (they added a half bath in the remodel) on a teeny lot. I would, however, love to have that brand new open kitchen with the granite counter tops and bar!
4 comments:
amazing!!! sure looks a lot different than the last time I saw it!
WOW! Is that my old house?
Holy Crapload! Does that open up into the "study" or into the den? I'm guessing the den because it looks really big.
It does look good, doesn't it?! I wish it had looked like that when we lived there. Plus, that hardwood sure looks better than that crappy carpet we had; we must've steam cleaned that like 3-4 times in the 10 months we lived there!!
I think that 2nd photo is a view from the "study/dining room" into the kitchen. it looks like they knocked out a few walls, including the one between the study and kitchen.
Post a Comment