Monday, June 9, 2008

Good Samaritans Still Exist

After watching a video of an elderly man struck last week in a hit and run while crossing the street in which several bystanders simply stared and walked away, I was feeling pretty down about the level of compassion among strangers.



Then I found this story about a group of vacationers in Europe who stopped and saved the life of a jogger having a heart attack in Rome. This group of German doctors stopped their travel bus, got off and "injected adrenaline directly into his heart, gave him CPR, applied a heart defibrillator, and inserted a breathing tube."

We all remember the parable of the good Samaritan and I just hope that if I found someone in the same situation, I would take the time to show some compassion and get help.

1 comment:

Mrs. Pie said...

How could you NOT? That's shameful. That witness being interviewed didn't even to see how scummy he sounded talking about how he hoped "justice was served" to the people who hit the guy when he didn't even bother to help him.

Was there not a single Christian around?