One of the things that Matt is really good about is mowing the yard. I have only done it once or twice (and ended up destroying several items left in the lawn), and really appreciate that he doesn't seem to mind cutting the grass (aka I don't have to).One thing I have asked him to do, though, is to at least wear a cotton tee shirt when he does the front yard. I would prefer he abstain from going shirtless wherever the neighbors can see him.
Part of the reason for my severe aversion to Matt showing some skin to the neighborhood comes from our experience at the old house we rented when we were still newlyweds. We had a neighbor across the street who insisted on sitting on his front porch, shirtless, with his big hairy belly on display for the whole world to see - even in the dead of winter! It was especially distracting because he was out there at what seemed like all hours of the day, never moving from his post. You only knew he was alive because he was constantly screaming at his kids, who often played in the front yard.
When it's hot outside and Matt wants to tone down his severe farmer's tan, that image of the shirtless neighbor burns my brain. I know Matt doesn't look like that man in any shape or form, but it's the idea that bothers me.
After MJ's past weekend at the track, though, his farmers tan has taken on a whole new level. I told him that I couldn't take him to the beach with me next week when we visit his uncle in Daytona Shores.
So - what do you think? Is it just too redneck to mow shirtless? Or, is it just contributing to a real red neck (and farmer's tan) to be forced to mow fully clothed?
9 comments:
I think the farmer's tan is a lot more redneck than shirtless mowing. But that's just my two cents...
Angie tells me I need to take my shirt off mowing so I don't have a farmers tan. But then again she's always trying to get my clothes off so who knows... ;)
Dave, I'm starting to think you're right. Our new neighbor walks around shirtless with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth a lot of the time... at least Matt will never go for that look!
Yay, Jerry! I see you found the blog. When are you guys coming home? I'll let you mow the yard shirtless if you really want to!
Just make sure the authorities aren't around:
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/255/story/345915.html
My Mother says that gentlemen always wear a shirt in public, unless they're at the beach or the pool.
Did your old neighbor happen to have a mullet?
Heather
Even if you take your shirt off to mow you still end up with an awkward tan line from your shorts. Seems to me like the only solution is to mow totally naked.
Wear a speedo to even the tan.
That is what the old neighbors of Dan and Chanda Guthrie. Shut the drapes, lock the doors, and hide the kids, oh my!!!
Heather
Yeah, but then you still have the problem of a white booty!
I dated a guy once who used to say that if he was ever lost in the woods, he could lift up his shirt and signal to the forest rangers with his white chest. Haha!
Post a Comment