Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas, Harnation-Style

On Friday, we were able to eat a delicious Christmas dinner with the other side of the family. Diane made a great meal and we had so much fun catching up with one another and sniffing out her neighbor's garage.

I always love getting together with family the day after Christmas... maybe it's silly, but sometimes that day can feel a little depressing. The get togethers are over and all that's left is the cleanup. Fitting in a meal that day seems to make it feel like the holiday might just last a little longer.

Anyone else think that the day after Christmas can otherwise feel a little bit depressing?

(from left) Becca, Matt, Diane, and Michael.


Macho really thinks that he is a lap dog.


But in Michael's lap, Tyson knows he is one!

2 comments:

The Parkers said...

I agree! The day after Christmas always seems so gloomy. In my family we have a tradition to save one "family" gift for New Years day. This way we have something to look forward to.

RBecks said...

Heather, I'm glad it's not just me. I was feeling kind of guilty after Eric's sermon on Sunday when he said that we sometimes get lost in the buildup to the holiday and feel let down when it's all over (which is exactly how I sometimes feel).