Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall's A-Bloomin'

Even with the cooler weather creeping in, I've still got a ton of color in the yard. :)


My new purple dahlias just started blooming this month. I got them in the ground late this year since I ordered them from an end of the season sale, but they sure are pretty.


One of our new flower beds has yellow roses with yellow and purple daylilies. The new yellow rose bushes (long-blooming and disease-resistant 'Sun Flare') have really taken off and are still blooming their little heads off!


My 'Mardi Gras' floribunda rose has been my favorite rose this year. The flowers open bright orange-pink and fade to pink with a hint of yellow. Very pretty. I've had blooms non-stop since May with almost zero effort.


And of course, it can't be fall without pansies. I got some in the ground last week so that I'll have some color throughout the winter months. You can't beat pansies for blooms from fall until June!

3 comments:

Mrs. Pie said...

Just don't make mention of actual BLOOMERS on your site or you'll get a bunch of pervs googling you up.

Anonymous said...

these are so beautiful. thanks for sharing :)

RBecks said...

Thanks! If anyone wants some plants, I have plenty to divide and share this spring. Just tell me what you want.