Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Almost Lethal Rolling


Have you seen this story? A Michigan teen was shot three times while toilet papering a house in Solon Township.

Apparently they did not know the rules of T.P.-ing 101: Stick to the trees.
"Kent County sheriff's Lt. Jerry Miedema said the teens were intent on draping the house in toilet paper, while the homeowner's 'intent was to come out shooting.' "

I can't count the number of times we rolled someone's house growing up. It was a tradition. One time, the cops pulled me over in the beige '89 Camry wagon on our way home from rolling our favorite "brothers" and called my parents. (I was the driver of Amanda's spend the night group since I was the only one with a license at the time). We were about 100 feet from our street when we got stopped too. So close!

The day we got back from a vacation in Europe, our youth group rolled our house with something like 240 rolls of toilet paper. It was a sight to see, but we got them all back...

2 comments:

Mrs. Pie said...

yikes. Did he die? did the guy who shot him get in trouble? I didn't think you were allowed to shoot people on your property anymore in Northern states.

RBecks said...

Apparently the kid was recovering in the hospital. (How he didn't die from three shotgun blasts, I don't know!) The article said that the authorities were deciding whether or not to file charges.