Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June Blooms

Each week, something new is in bloom. Here's a peek of a few of the plants that are thriving in the yard:

Lilies. Here are the yellow ones that have been the first to bloom. My mother-in-law has the most gorgeous lily bed full of oriental, asiatic, and tiger lilies.


Several of the daylilies are bursting open too. These are all rebloomers, and a few more cultivars have yet to flower this year.

Daylily 'Edge Ahead'

Daylily 'Rosy Returns' (my favorite, it's an "ever-blooming" pink)

Daylily 'Plum Perfect'

Daylily 'Purple De Oro'

Clematis 'Arctic Queen'

Echinacea (Coneflower) 'Summer Sky'

Rose 'Sun Flare' - much happier than last month!

Daylily 'Russian Rhapsody'

If you ever see something you like, let me know, and you can get a division in the fall. :)

3 comments:

Mrs. Pie said...

wow, that's a lot of lilies!

I like the russian the best.

Jenny Fleming said...

You know I'm down with splitting! I'm a big fan of the purple de oro.

RBecks said...

K, got a Russian and a Purple de Oro saved for y'all. :)