
This lady in Brazil was killed when the hearse she was riding in was hit from behind and her husband's coffin struck her head. Yikes!! I guess that this scenario cut down on a lot of grieving for the 67-year-old widow - but man, what a way to die!
I don't really think about death all of the time, but I do remember one time when I was probably 10-12 years old and my dad had picked us up from school. I started thinking about what I would do if my parents died and left us orphaned. By the time we got home, I had figured out who would sleep where at my Aunt and Uncle's house, where I'd get the money for college, and had tears streaming down my face. My father probably thought I was in some strange hormone-induced, emotionally-unstable pre-teen mood. No, just me and my worrying-got-the-best-of-me runaway imagination.
Last year, I think I really freaked Matt out on our way to San Francisco to visit his dad. We were sitting on the plane, waiting for it to take off when I leaned over and told him, "You know, I could die right now and be happy. It'd be okay with me." - all with a smile. His response was, "WHAT?! Where did that come from?!" I know I sounded crazy, but it was the truth. I'd hate to go out knowing I'd left him alone, and I'd hate to be left here without him even more - but the thought of leaving this world together in a fiery ball of 757 seemed strangely comforting at the time.
I used to always think, "Oh God, please don't take me, at least not until I get to...", especially whenever Mr. A did his "Lord, come quickly" prayer during the morning service. I have gotten over that and am a little more at peace with death. Not that I'm saying that I don't have a lot of things that I want to accomplish in my lifetime, but I know where I'm headed and it's an awfully wonderful place. If I had my way, I'd arrive at those pearly gates peacefully in my sleep (simultaneously with my husband) after a long, blissful life together filled with children, travel, laughter, and love.
By the way, did you know that Costco sells coffins (photo above)?! Weird.
3 comments:
Sorry...see comment on previous post...
I agree - leaving together sounds like a much better option. And, I too feel less scared about death the more I grow in my faith; I still have a long way to go, but it's no longer something I'm terrified about.
I totally got that coffin! And on sale!
Post a Comment