Monday, November 17, 2008

Home Sweet Auburn

Matt and I spent the weekend in Auburn. We scored some tickets and were able to catch up with old friends. It was so much fun - I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. We really enjoyed ourselves, but it was strange seeing how much Auburn has changed since we were there last year for the Iron Bowl. There are lots of new buildings going up and the campus has changed a lot.

I realized that I'm in a completely different phase of life now than I was while a student. I opted for long underwear plus a couple other layers instead of a skirt and heels.


One thing that will never change - Samford Hall (view from the back side).

I had so much fun in college. I laughed and learned a lot. Next to our four years of marriage, it was the best four years that I can remember. I loved Auburn, and I wouldn't change a thing!

4 comments:

Mrs. Pie said...

Nose bleed section, I see. Was the wind nice and brisk up there?
At least you got to sit down.

Jenny Fleming said...

Did you enjoy Georgia WINNING??!! lo siento.

Mrs. Pie said...

I like that old man's plaid orange and blue hat. Is that the AU answer to the stupid houndstooth hat?

RBecks said...

I know - I loved that hat. We all talked about it and looked for one afterward at the bookstore. I'd love a sweater with that design. :) It seemed like there were a lot more clothing/apparel styles than 5 years ago, and all very cute. I found a cute knit sweater at Ander's, but it was $75!! Now I'm trying to talk Mom into knitting me one for Christmas. Haha.