Monday, November 24, 2008

A Little Bit of Tempura...

... goes a long way!


I don't usually post photos of our food (at least not the food I cook), but I was so pumped about our dinner that I had to share.

We went to the Asian food store this weekend and loaded up on some goodies - including tempura batter. One of my favorite Japanese meals is tempura. Anyway, we tried it out tonight and ended up with a feast of golden fried goodness. Add a little miso soup and some sushi and voila! A (mostly) home-cooked Japanese meal.

We tried to keep it simple with one each of our favorite tempura veggies (zuchinni, sweet potato, green pepper, and broccoli) plus some shrimp, but it turned out to be a lot more than we anticipated. Next time, we'll know to invite friends.

5 comments:

Jenny Fleming said...

We are friends that like tempura!

Lynne said...

Well done! I'll let Marianna know about the Ukraine Medical Outreach mug on this post...

RBecks said...

J: We'll definitely have to have y'all over some time. :)

L: Haha - I told Matt when I posted the photo that we forgot to pray for the Peipons! It's funny that you noticed it too.

Anonymous said...

And she did alert us! We'll pray for you, too!

RBecks said...

Thanks, Marianna. Keep up the good work!