Sunday, March 1, 2009

March Already?

I wish I had my camera out this morning. Waking up to a white-covered lawn was so nice. It's been a while since we've had any snow accumulation in our neck of the woods.

Of course, the pampered pups didn't appreciate it as much as Matt and me, but even the birds didn't seem to mind since I'd filled up their usually-empty bird feeder the day before.


Since the only blooms I've had in months are my newly-opened daffodils, I thought I'd bring in a few to cheer up the house.

Of course, talking to Lynne about gerbera daisies this weekend made it impossible to resist a pot of them on sale at Costco. Oh well. I can enjoy them inside until the threat of frost is negligible.

It's much easier to look at my gerberas instead of checking the news - I've been getting depressed every time I read about how our government is spending/taxing us into an oblivion! I can feel my blood rising just thinking about it... oops, time to look at flowers again.


Thankfully, it's already MARCH, and spring is almost here. (Wow, when did that happen?!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, I would rather look at beautiful gerber daisies than listen to the news! I wish I would have planted bulbs last fall. We moved into our house so quickly and I just never seemed to have time! I love looking at all the daffodil's everywhere!

RBecks said...

The news has been so depressing/stress-inducing!

New house?! :) A new house needs new flowers. I have tons of purple coneflowers, shasta daisies, Stella d'Oro daylilies, and more that I'd be more than happy to share.

I like getting the big bags of bulbs from Sams or Costco. They're pretty good sized bulbs and at good prices too!