The first one's named sweet Anne Marie and she's my heart's delight.
Finally, fourteen days past due, sweet Anne Marie made her entrance into our world. Nameless for most of the first day of her life, we finally settled on a moniker for our little bundle of depravity.
I had such an easy pregnancy, I just knew that labor couldn't possibly go as smoothly as everything else. I was right, and the labor/delivery part of the story left something to be desired (maybe I'll write a separate post on some of that later). However, we are so thankful to have such a healthy, beautiful little girl that there is really no room for complaining.
We are quite in love.
There have been several times over the last week that Matt and I have stopped, looked at each other, and said in wonder something along the lines of, "we're PARENTS!" or "she's OURS!"
I don't know how long it will take to sink in, but it's been a pretty cool ride so far.
Sleep has been good some days, and not so much others.
My emotions have been pretty unpredictable too. One morning last week, Matt was praying as we sat down to breakfast and I was holding Anne Marie in my arms. I just started crying tears of joy as he thanked our Lord for His goodness and mercy towards us. My heart is so full right now and sometimes it feels like it might burst.
Of course, an hour later, as I was getting showered and dressed, I heard AM fussing and Matt coming into our bedroom (presumably to see if I could get her to settle down), so I slammed the bathroom door shut before he could get to me and interrupt the first few moments of quiet solitude I'd had in days.
I know the emotional swings come with the territory, but I hate not being in control of my emotions. I really can't stand to not be able to keep it together. There's almost nothing worse than to start crying over something seemingly benign and not be able to stop it!
I know I'm biased, but I think she's worth a 32 hour labor and some uncontrollable tears.
3 comments:
Love you guys. She's beautiful.
I LOVE that picture of you and AM sitting on the couch. You look so pretty and happy! Not a touch of meltdown on your face (maybe you should get Matt to document that as well so that we'll believe it... haha). And I happen to think that my sweet little niece is just fabulous as well. That picture of her sleeping is perfect. She's just so darn cute, even when her face is wrinkled up in concern/confusion. :) I love her!
She is so absolutely beautiful! I want to come by and see you when you feel ready to have people stop in- you let me know a good time. I am so eager to see you both! I will be praying for rest and for the ability to soak up that special face when you can!
we love yoU!
Post a Comment