...Don't Know When I'll be Back Again.
Well, I'm not really leaving on a jet plane, and I kind of know when I'll be back again.
I can't sleep and so I figured the best cure was to get up and actually write a blog post.
What's keeping me from sleeping, you might ask? I found out today that I'm going to be moving to central Virginia for two months... in two weeks.
Yikes!
(Yes, I really used the word yikes. I actually use it all the time. Lame, I know. I hope you can overlook it this once.)
I'm trying not to freak out.
My job is sending me up there to be one of our on-site people until the permanent guy is able to move in January. I've got to find an apartment, work out the logistics of getting up there, finish all the projects I'm involved in at work right now, figure out puppy custody, arrange for class notes for grad school while I'm away, and rent someone to feed my husband while I'm gone!
There's a lot for me to get done before I go but even more for me to do once I'm there. I'm so pumped about all of the things there are to do and see in the area.
I want to go back to Monticello, tour D.C., visit Colonial Williamsburg/Mt. Vernon/UVA, and a whole list of great ideas provided by Dr. Charles and E. Fulcher. I'm trying to talk my family into making a road trip and crashing at my place.
Start planning your late fall/winter trip to Virginia and come visit me!


6 comments:
What the heck!! They're sending you for that long??? They better make it worth your while with some free food and money! Give Obama a kiss/slap from me when you go to DC.
P.S. I'll expect a blog post at least every other day. Thanks in advance.
Dear Rebecca -
Congratulations on earning the confidence of your employers! Your assignment is a testimony to your hard work and ability.
We will miss you. We'll take good care of Matt.
I can't think of a better place to be temporarily assigned.
Blessings,
Charlie
Becca, I am so sad. I will feed Matt while you're away.
My father's family home, Ednam, is in Charlottesville. They sold quite a bit of their land to the Boar's Head Inn and now it is a housing development. I heard the home has been turned into condominiums - sigh. If you have time, take a visit. It was a beautiful place.
I am sad and happy for you at the same time! Exciting opportunity, beautiful area- How fun! But we will miss seeing you. We will keep eyes out for a starving Matt too :)
Well crud, you're going to miss our December book club...We'll get together before you go.
Thank you all so much! The only downside to this trip will be homesickness for you all.
Post a Comment