Coop-ah. That's what I call Cooper, our failed foster.
Cooper is a sweetie pie. He was our third foster from Weimaraner Rescue of the South. He's a "failed foster" because we decided we couldn't let him go. When a family was interested in adopting him, we pulled rank and adopted him ourselves (a perk of being a foster).
Matt's deal was that if we keep Cooper, we can't foster anymore.
That's fine with me. Three is more than enough.
We've gotten used to his quirks by now. Quirks that include some separation anxiety, "goosing", talking, and serious drooling when he knows food is imminent.
Like when I said "treat?!" as I was trying to get him to look at the camera.
It's gross when he drools on my toes in the morning as I'm feeding him.
Yuck.
He's also a bit accident prone. He's always banging up his head. He split his forehead open on the back door and had to get ten stitches. He was doing his retarded/nervous side-to-side dance whenever he's locked outside and people are inside. I guess he swung too far to the side and bashed his head on either the door trim or the brick corner.
He had to wear that goofy cone of shame for a week or so. As you can see, he walked into EVERYTHING with it. Thankfully, none of the interior of our house looked like the edge of his cone by the end of the week.
We've had some issues sorting out who're the "pack leaders" of the house. Like Cypress, Cooper had no problems recognizing Matt as the boss. He and I had to work that out a bit.
It involved me sitting on him in the living room one night.
We didn't take a photo of that.
I really like having Cooper around whenever Matt goes out of town. I haven't felt so safe sleeping all alone since my dad first got me a 32-Beretta Tomcat for my 21st birthday.
But I think one of the best parts about having Coopie around is that Matt now has his own dog. Not that the other two aren't his, but Cooper simply loves Matt best and he's a very good "man's dog".
They wrestle in the living room and hang out together in the yard.
Every man should have a dog.
2 comments:
Can't wait to meet him! And I love the shots, you're getting really great with your camera!!!
Thanks! I still don't know what I'm doing with the thing, but my percentage of really crappy photos is slowly starting to fall.
Post a Comment