A few weeks ago, I got my very first SLR. After pestering all of my coworkers and several camera-toting friends, I settled on this - the Canon XSi. It has everything I need, and then some. I wanted a nice camera that would last a long time; something I wouldn't outgrow too quickly, but was easy enough to use for a beginner. I contemplated the Nikon D5000 and D90 models for a while, but was convinced that a Canon was the way to go since I have a couple of Canon owners in the family who have *very* nice lenses that they're willing to lend.
So anyway, I got the camera in the mail several weeks ago and after fiddling around with it some the very first night, I was a little worried I'd bought a very expensive paper weight. I had no idea how to use the thing and the photos I was taking (inside, at night) weren't any better than my little point and shoot.
Well, after reading some good entry-level photography articles and a quick tutorial from 'lil sis, I feel like I'm starting to figure it out. My Dad loaned me his 50mm EF f/1.4 lens, which is GREAT for indoor shots. I got some fun photos of my favorite furry subjects...

3 comments:
Very nice.
Is that a dog or a frog?
Love the action tongue shot!
Great snaps of the puppies!!!hc
Post a Comment