Here's a copy of the letter that I sent my Congressman. I also plan to call him and my Senators.
Dear Rep. (So-and-So),
I strongly urge you NOT to vote for the House health bill, introduced by the House Democrats.
We cannot afford a public option, nor do we need one - ever.
We need to lower costs so that individuals can purchase (or not, it's up to them!) health care ON THEIR OWN.
We cannot afford to insure non-citizens, period.
We have a moral obligation to our citizens to never spend federal (or state) tax dollars to fund abortions.
Forcing insurers to cover pre-existing conditions will also lead to the downfall of the private health insurance industry (and added expenses to those responsibly purchasing health care on their own) and force the country into a government-run program.
We need more doctors and nurse practitioners, higher access to insurance plans across the country, increased use of and access to medical flex plans, and no more government involvement in health care!
Please do not vote for the House Bill, even with any "amendments" or revisions. This horrible plan cannot be edited into a good one.
I believe that voting for this bill (or any form of it) will surely result in the election of a fiscally conservative Independent or Republican to your congressional seat next year.
Sincerely,
Rebecca H.
Do you like the proposed health care plan(s)? Do you even know what's in them? Please, please take the time to find out.
You don't have to agree with me on the health care debate, but your opinion still matters. A quick phone call or email will only take a minute. You can't complain about the state of affairs of our government if you don't express your opinion (and vote!).
For a list of the contact info for US Senators, see here. To find your Congressman, see here.
Several of the (current) bills are posted here in their entirety.
GOP Plan Summary here.
2 comments:
wow, the tone of your letters to CPG are much more judicious-sounding than mine.
Mine always go something like this:
"You vote against these health care "reform" measures or we're coming after you!! Vote it down, or the end is flipping nigh for you, buddy."
I wonder which method is more effective...
Haha. I'd love to see your emails some time. I never got a response from his office though.
He did vote against the bill, but I wonder what his vote would've been if Speaker Pelosi didn't already have the votes she needed.
Post a Comment